The Beyond Addiction course offers a unique experience to learn about your self and why you do what you do. It helps answer the great “why can’t I just stop?” It gives you hope and the opportunity to learn what will change your life.
The BA program is amazing – packed full of knowledge, techniques, wisdom and powerful kundalini yoga that supports the healing of the whole self, psychologically, physically and spiritually, along with self-discovery, nutrition, yoga, community and the wisdom of Sat Dharam Kaur and Gabor Maté. Give yourself this gift.
You will never regret this course. Do it! And take it with as much compassion, consciousness and support as you can.
Beyond Addiction has changed my life. I came in without much hope and I feel now, for the first time in a very long time that life is full of possibility and that I have the confidence to face the challenges it offers me head on. I don’t want it to ever end.
About Beyond Addiction
The Beyond Addiction program has been helping people since 2008 and is an internationally recognized treatment for anyone with addictive behaviours that helps to build healthy, resilient individuals, families and communities. The program supports individuals in establishing healthy thought patterns and behaviours to nourish mind, body and spirit and manifest an inspired and fulfilling life.
The course comprises a 16 session recovery program which includes Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field. Click here for more information.
The Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation has approved Beyond Addiction: The Yogic Path to Recovery for 42 core CEUs.
About Compassionate Inquiry
Compassionate Inquiry is a psychotherapeutic method developed by Dr. Gabor Maté that reveals what lies beneath the appearance we present to the world.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, the therapist unveils the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal.
Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
Dr. Maté will model the process of Compassionate Inquiry with course participants and instruct therapists in the practice of this powerful technique to help clients access deep healing and transformation. This will be both an experiential, participatory workshop where participants will be guided through their own personal process, as well as a training to teach the method of Compassionate Inquiry to health professionals, therapists and social workers.
See upcoming Compassionate Inquiry Workshops.
- Beyond Addiction, Calgary, Jan 19-21, Feb 17-18, Mar 17-18, Apr 14-15, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Kelowna, B.C., Feb 9-11, Mar 23-25, Apr 27-29, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Toronto, Mar 2-4, Apr 6-8, Jun 1-3, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Vancouver, Mar 9-11, 17-18; Apr 7-8, 14-15, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Guelph, Mar 16-18, Apr 7-8, May 12-13, Jun 9-10, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, South Africa, Apr 26-May 1, Nov 9-11, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Camrose, May 4-6, May 25-27, June 8-10, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Owen Sound, May 19-27, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Switzerland, June 22 - July 1, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Nelson, B.C., July 5-13, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Hornby Island, B.C., Sept 8-16, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Budapest, Hungary, Sept 22-30, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Denmark, Oct 13-21, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Toronto, Nov 17-25, 2018
- Healing Trauma - Trauma affects each of us in some way. Either we’ve experienced it firsthand, or have been impacted by the traumatic history of others. Trauma is not just about the things that happened to us that should not have happened. These … Continued
- Can “My Best Future Self” Influence the Present? - In a recent article on Quantum Theory that I read, the author stated that the future can influence the present and that theory has been amply demonstrated.1 At first I asked the question, “What does this have to do with … Continued
- What’s Your Underlying Belief? - I continue to benefit from the insights of Dr. Gabor Maté, both personally and professionally, and am immensely grateful for the opportunity to study and teach with him. One of the areas in my own life that I currently bring … Continued
Click here to see all blog posts.