The BA program is amazing – packed full of knowledge, techniques, wisdom and powerful kundalini yoga that supports the healing of the whole self, psychologically, physically and spiritually, along with self-discovery, nutrition, yoga, community and the wisdom of Sat Dharam Kaur and Gabor Maté. Give yourself this gift.
The Beyond Addiction course offers a unique experience to learn about your self and why you do what you do. It helps answer the great “why can’t I just stop?” It gives you hope and the opportunity to learn what will change your life.
Beyond Addiction has changed my life. I came in without much hope and I feel now, for the first time in a very long time that life is full of possibility and that I have the confidence to face the challenges it offers me head on. I don’t want it to ever end.
You will never regret this course. Do it! And take it with as much compassion, consciousness and support as you can.
About Beyond Addiction
The Beyond Addiction program has been helping people since 2008 and is an internationally recognized treatment for anyone with addictive behaviours that helps to build healthy, resilient individuals, families and communities. The program supports individuals in establishing healthy thought patterns and behaviours to nourish mind, body and spirit and manifest an inspired and fulfilling life.
The course comprises a 16 session recovery program which includes Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field. Click here for more information.
The Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation has approved Beyond Addiction: The Yogic Path to Recovery for 42 core CEUs.
About Compassionate Inquiry
Compassionate Inquiry is a psychotherapeutic method developed by Dr. Gabor Maté that reveals what lies beneath the appearance we present to the world.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, the therapist unveils the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal.
Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
Dr. Maté will model the process of Compassionate Inquiry with course participants and instruct therapists in the practice of this powerful technique to help clients access deep healing and transformation. This will be both an experiential, participatory workshop where participants will be guided through their own personal process, as well as a training to teach the method of Compassionate Inquiry to health professionals, therapists and social workers.
See upcoming Compassionate Inquiry Workshops.
- Compassionate Inquiry with Dr. Gabor Maté, Edmonton, Sept 14-15, 2017
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Santa Barbara, CA, Sept 15-24, 2017
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Santiago, Chile, Sept 30-Oct 8, 2017
- Beyond Addiction, Clearwater, Florida, Oct 20-22, Dec 8-10, 2017, Jan 26-28, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Nine Day Immersion, Toronto, Nov 2-10, 2017
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Camrose, Nov 25-Dec 3, 2017
- Beyond Addiction, Kelowna, B.C., Feb 9-11, Mar 23-25, Apr 27-29, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Vancouver, March 3-11, 2018
- Beyond Addiction, Guelph, Mar 16-18, Apr 7-8, May 12-13, Jun 9-10, 2018
- Beyond Addiction Immersion, Owen Sound, May 19-27, 2018
- What’s Your Underlying Belief? - I continue to benefit from the insights of Dr. Gabor Maté, both personally and professionally, and am immensely grateful for the opportunity to study and teach with him. One of the areas in my own life that I currently bring … Continued
- Beyond Addiction at Sun Door Yoga on Hornby Island - I felt inspired to host a Beyond Addiction Program at Sun Door Yoga following my participation in the Vancouver 2014 program with Sat Dharam Kaur. I knew then that the most important personal work we can do is to uncover … Continued
- Reflections from a Beyond Addiction Support Group - For several months now, after completing the first round of the four month Beyond Addiction program, a group of committed students have continued studying Beyond Addiction, meeting on a weekly basis. We have dug into the process of self-discovery and … Continued
Click here to see all blog posts.