“I have worked for over 30 years in the mental health and addictions field. This is the most comprehensive course I have ever taken. It addresses the biological, social, psychological and spiritual aspects that addictions affect. It was transformative on both a personal and professional level.”
Do you want to be the best version of yourself?
If you’ve said yes! Join us in this 16 week program, consisting of 16 theme-based modules, where you will be guided to:
- Connect deeply with yourself and others
- Cultivate healthy habits
- Explore the root cause of addiction
- Make peace with your past
- Gain understanding and choice in your behaviour
- Thrive in the present moment
- Acknowledge your strengths, and create an inspired, fulfilling future
The expectation is that you will take 7 days to progress through each module, thus gaining an overview of the program in 16 weeks.
Many people take the program several times – it can become a lifelong journey of self-discovery and self-refinement.
If you are unable to attend a Beyond Addiction program where you live, we have designed this online program for you.
- People in recovery
- Health practitioners
- Yoga teachers
- Anyone seeking positive change through spiritual practice, naturopathic principles, lifestyle shifts, and the healing that can occur in community
- This program is also highly recommended for Beyond Addiction trainers to upgrade their skills
What you will learn:
- How to use Kundalini Yoga and meditation to rejuvenate body, mind and spirit, and heal the wounds of trauma
- Utilize yogic techniques to decrease cravings
- Restore the nervous system, brain, frontal lobe and adrenal glands with yoga and naturopathic therapies
- Access your spiritual centre and learn to rely on your Higher Self
- Develop neutrality and clear subconscious patterns
- Manage your reactions to people and events
- Enhance communication and relationship skills
- Make a healthy shift in perspective and attitude
Facilitated and Instructed by:
The next group online program facilitated by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and other instructors begins the week of May 31, 2022 and continues for 16 weeks until September 16, 2022.
It is also possible for you to proceed through the online program at your own pace, without group facilitation.
If you wish to do the program without weekly group facilitation, you can set your own schedule.
16 Week Online Program Includes:
You will have access to the online course materials for 8 months after the start date, allowing you to use the materials for two 16 week periods. After this time the cost is $75 for each 4 month period to access the online resources.
- A home practice program with online yoga videos
- Over 90 teaching clips from Dr. Gabor Maté
- A 16 theme-based module with 500 pages of content
In each module there are:
- Written materials to read and absorb – the manual totals over 500 pages
- Yogic guidelines for recovery
- Dr. Gabor Maté video clips; approximately 90 of them in the full program
- A videotaped pranayam (breathing exercise), kriya (yoga set), and meditation which create a specific therapeutic effect to practice for each module, taught by Sat Dharam Kaur ND
- A detoxification and rejuvenation guide for the colon, kidneys, liver, lymph, glandular system and to balance brain neurotransmitters
- A weekly or 40 day home practice program
- An online virtual twice weekly support group
- Self-assessment forms and research questions to track your progress
- Access to an optional (for an extra fee) weekly or monthly Beyond Addiction Coach, naturopathic doctor, psychotherapist, addictions counsellor, or certified Kundalini Yoga teacher for additional support
- You will meet together virtually twice weekly for 60-90 minutes each time, depending on the size of the group, using teleconferencing via Zoom
- You’ll need a high speed internet connection and headphones for Zoom
- You will be asked to practice Kundalini Yoga with an online video anytime before each meeting
- A live or recorded online webinar accompanies each module
- The live recording will take place weekly with Sat Dharam Kaur on Tuesday mornings from 8:15-9:30 a.m. ET (Toronto time) with personal interaction following
- If you miss the live webinar, you may watch the recording any time
- Lectures are recorded for later listening although discussions are not. We strongly encourage you to attend each session
- You will receive a pdf for each of the 16 weeks with the lecture material pertinent to that week’s module, and will be able to interact through in an online classroom
Founder, Lead Trainer, Naturopathic Doctor
Sat Dharam is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trainer and instructor, author, and naturopathic doctor practicing in Owen Sound, Ontario. She has studied Kundalini Yoga since 1976 and has facilitated teacher training programs in Toronto (ON), Canmore (AB), and Owen Sound. She developed the Beyond Addiction program, inspired by the teachings of Dr. Gabor Maté an other addiction and trauma experts. She has also developed … Continued
BA Trainer, Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner, Psychotherapist, Kundalini Yoga Teacher and Therapist
Michelle Peddle is a Certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner, Facilitator and Registered Psychotherapist. She is also an IAYT Registered Yoga Therapist, KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher, and E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. She witnessed first-hand the powerful impact of blending Eastern spiritual practices with Western psychology in her early 20’s. She utilizes these diverse practices, philosophies, disciplines, and theoretical perspectives to provide her … Continued
Learn About Beyond Addiction through a short video:
“You will never regret this course. Do it! And take it with as much compassion, consciousness and support as you can.”
“BA gave me the opportunity to feel and experience the collective vulnerability of experienced trauma and the coping mechanisms of addiction. The program illuminated sound practices, ancient wisdom, contemporary thought and the most compassionate approach to addiction I’ve encountered.”
“This program exceeded my expectations in terms of tools given and personal transformation. I would recommend Beyond Addiction to anyone wishing to grow and live in deeper connection with themselves.”
There are 3 cohort start dates per year, beginning in January, May and September.
The May 2022 training will run from May 31 – September 16.
Time: Tuesday, 8:15-9:30am EST, Fri 8-9:30am EST (Toronto Time)
Convert to your timezone here.
The starting date for the September cohort will be shared later.
Fees and Registration Methods
If you are not registering for the time slot with Sat Dharam, please contact your facilitator directly to register with them.
In order to register online with Sat Dharam as your facilitator (Tuesday and Friday), you must:
- Click the register button below to fill out the registration form
- Go back to this page and click the Pay Online button to pay through Paypal
The prices mentioned are in Canadian dollars (CAD). Convert to your currency here.
Other Registration Methods:
We have provided a fillable registration form below that you can fill out on your computer and send to us via email, phone, fax or mail.
Please fill out the completed registration form and use the paypal button or send an etransfer to [email protected].
Please fill out the completed registration form and then call us at (519) 372-9212 with your credit card information.
Please complete the registration form and Fax your credit card information to (519) 372-2755.
Please complete and print the registration form and send it along with your credit card information, cheque, or money order (made out to Sat Dharam Kaur) to: Sat Dharam Kaur, 235 9th St E, Owen Sound, ON, Canada N4K 1N8.
- Money order
Please call or email Sat Dharam Kaur [email protected] if you have further questions or concerns.
There are a certain number of spots available for each online program. Once the program has begun, there are no refunds. If you withdraw one week or more before the course begins, a $200 CAD cancellation fee will be charged and the rest of your payment will be refunded.
To get notified on other Beyond Addiction Programs of your interest, please fill in the form below.