Compassionate Inquiry is a psychotherapeutic method developed by Dr. Gabor Maté that reveals what lies beneath the appearance we present to the world.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, the therapist unveils the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal.
Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
Dr. Maté will model the process of Compassionate Inquiry with course participants and instruct therapists in the practice of this powerful technique to help clients access deep healing and transformation. This will be both an experiential, participatory workshop where participants will be guided through their own personal process, as well as a training to teach the method of Compassionate Inquiry to health professionals, therapists and social workers.
You will learn –
- how to cultivate presence, being with what is
- to bring attention to body signals in clients and yourself
- to enhance your perception of what is not being revealed overtly
- to enable clients to access emotional states through body awareness
- how to create and maintain a safe sacred space between client and therapist
- how to facilitate the expression of what has remained unexpressed
- how to keep a client engaged in present moment experience
- the importance of patience, respect and choice in the therapeutic process
- how to uncover early traumatic events of childhood and unconscious feeling states through compassionate inquiry
- to decode the unconscious beliefs that contribute to personal suffering in self and others
Cineplex Cinemas Empress Walk
Address: 5095 Yonge St. Toronto, ON. M2N 6Z4
Schedule and Additional Information
Nov 13 – 14, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. both days
Dr. Gabor Maté is a Vancouver physician, author and public speaker who specializes in the study and treatment of addiction and mind/body health. He has authored the best-selling In the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction, Hold Onto Your Kids, When the Body Says No and Scattered Minds: A New Look at the Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder.
Fees & Registration
$450 + HST (13%) = $508.50 on or before Sept 7, 2017
$495 + HST (13%) = $559.35 after Sept 7, 2017
Register with Leading Edge Seminars here
You may also be interested in registering for the 9 day Beyond Addiction: The Yogic Path to Recovery Immersion program in Toronto Nov 2 – Nov 10, 2017, facilitated by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and guest instructors. The program includes access to over 90 short videotaped lectures of Dr. Gabor Maté.
Register for both programs before Sept 7 and receive $200 off the full price of the Beyond Addiction program. Call 519 372-9212 for the discounted price on the Beyond Addiction program after you register for Compassionate Inquiry.