Compassionate Inquiry is a psychotherapeutic method developed by Dr. Gabor Maté that reveals what lies beneath the appearance we present to the world.
Using Compassionate Inquiry, the therapist unveils the level of consciousness, mental climate, hidden assumptions, implicit memories and body states that form the real message that words both express and conceal.
Through Compassionate Inquiry, the client can recognize the unconscious dynamics that run their lives and how to liberate themselves from them.
Dr. Maté will model the process of Compassionate Inquiry with course participants and instruct therapists in the practice of this powerful technique to help clients access deep healing and transformation. This will be both an experiential, participatory workshop where participants will be guided through their own personal process, as well as a training to teach the method of Compassionate Inquiry to health professionals, therapists and social workers.
You will learn –
- how to cultivate presence, being with what is
- to bring attention to body signals in clients and yourself
- to enhance your perception of what is not being revealed overtly
- to enable clients to access emotional states through body awareness
- how to create and maintain a safe sacred space between client and therapist
- how to facilitate the expression of what has remained unexpressed
- how to keep a client engaged in present moment experience
- the importance of patience, respect and choice in the therapeutic process
- how to uncover early traumatic events of childhood and unconscious feeling states through compassionate inquiry
- to decode the unconscious beliefs that contribute to personal suffering in self and others
Unity of Vancouver, 5840 Oak Street, just south of 41st Avenue on the east side of Oak, Vancouver, BC. V6M 2V9
Schedule and Additional Information
Thurs-Fri, Jan 25-26, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. both days
Dr. Gabor Maté is a Vancouver physician, author and public speaker who specializes in the study and treatment of addiction and mind/body health. He has authored the best-selling In the Realm of the Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction, Hold Onto Your Kids, When the Body Says No and Scattered Minds: A New Look at the Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder.